District 7 Evaluation Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, February 7, 2006
Thefall meeting of the District 7 Agricultural Educators / District Evaluationswas held on February 7, 2006 at the Ohio Department of Agriculture. The meeting was called to order @ 9:09a.m. by President-Jeff Ellis.
BUSINESS MEETING MINUTES!!
- Secretary Report
- Moved by Steve Priest to approve minutes. Minutes stand as read.
- Treasurer's Report
- $100 Donation to the Turner Scholarship Fund
- Balance is $556.09
- Moved by Susan Metzger to approve report. Report will stand as read.
- OAAE -- Pay your dues!!! There are still a lot of teachers not involved in the organization.
- We need to target important people in each county to also contact the State Legislatures regarding our programs. If you have any names, please forward them to Jeff Ellis by March 1st.
- Camp Registration-the price will increase back to $110 per person starting this summer.
- Possible lodge might be built for small groups to use; a firm has been hired to look at all of the options.
- The contests that are being reviewed will be meeting at Tech-Update to work on the revisions. The changes won't take place until 2007 school year.
- The Natural Resources "might" be combining back to one contest again.
- Fruit Coordinator - Make sure your report forms are sent in to the state.
- Trophies - will continue the same as in the past.
- Ethics - None.
- Alumni - Alumni Banquet was last week and went well!
UNFINISHED BUSINESS - None
- District PresidentElections
o Candidates must still gothru the state selection process.
o It was moved by RickMetzger and 2nd by Scott Sharp that the District 7 President will beelected at our Officer Training on April 6th at Lancaster HighSchool. Motion passed.
- District Dues
o It was moved by JeffTilley and 2nd by Adam Staley that District 7 Dues be set at $1.00per member for the upcoming school year. Motion Passed.
o Please have dues paid byDistrict Fall Meeting if possible.
- Upcoming District Dates
o Public Speaking isTuesday, February 21st at Pickaway-Ross JVS
o Licking CountyAgri-Science Fair is April 12th at 10:00 a.m. If anyone is interest in being ajudge please contact either Steven Priest at Utica or Debra Dugan-Burden atJohnstown. This is a goodopportunity if another county is considering starting their own CountyAgri-Science Fair Project.
- Items for DelegateCouncil--none
- Award Nominees forOutstanding Young Member, Teacher, Program, Adult Program, Ideas Unlimited, andTeachers Turn the Key, etc. Allapplications are available online and are due to Val Graham no later than April1st. If you have anyquestions regarding any of those contact Val.
o Welcomed Eric Valentinewho is substituting while Christie Bachman is on maternity leave.
o Parli-Pro CDE
§ Rick Metzger, B.J. King,and Dan Raubenolt were selected to form a Parli-Pro Committee to look at thecontest options. Options will bepresented at the Spring Meeting in April.
o Farm Bureau has an AgEducational Program on Sunday morning at 11:00 a.m. on Channel PBO
o Motion to adjourn bySteve Priest 2nd by Ryan Rismiller. Motion Passed.
STATE DEPARTMENT UPDATES
- State Evaluations are March 3rd and 4th. All winners should be posted to the website by the following Monday.
- Proficiency Awards Changes
- 1st place--$100
- 2nd place--$75
- All Gold Rated awards will receive a Gold Pin on state at the State Convention.
- Others receiving a Silver or Bronze ratings will receive their pin in the mail.
- All State Winners in each division will have to display a "Science Fair" type display of their SAE projects and such for everyone to see at the convention.
- They will be recognized on Friday evening with the CDE awards.
- Career Show will now be located in the Ohio Building rather than the Celeste Center.
- All interactive games, weather permitted, will now be located in the Pavillion rather than the Celeste Center.
- Saturday’s Morning Convention Session will now run from 10:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- National Chapter Award
- National Chapter Award—Form I, II, and III (a new form) are all mandatory for each chapter to complete by March 1st.
- Those top 10-15 chapters in each division will have large posters that will be posted at the Convention.
- On Thursday evening, there will only be 1 Banquet in the Celeste Center. There will not be a separate one in the Rhoades Center. With the additional seating they will now be able to seat up to 1500 people in the Celeste Center for that banquet.