District 7 Evaluation Meeting Minutes
Thursday, April 6, 2006
TheSpring meeting of the District 7 Agricultural Educators / District Evaluationswas held on April 6, 2006 at the Ohio Department of Agriculture. The meeting was called to order @ 4:30p.m. by President-Jeff Ellis.
BUSINESS MEETING MINUTES!!
- Foundation Report
- John Collet reported that the Hometown Scholarship Program will be headed up by Jim Spies this year. It is now open to all dealerships to participate rather than just Chevy.
- State Department Presentation
- Suggested to be an Advocate. Visit NAAE website and show your support.
- See Powerpoint. For those that were unable to attend, if you let me know I will gladly send you a copy of that printout if you need one.
- Those topics covered were: Advocacy, State Fair, Content Standards, HOT Conference, Alternate State FFA Degree, Industry Testing and Certification, Nominations for State FFA Board, State Convention and other.
- Ohio Board of Trustees
- It was moved by Rick Metzger. 2nd by Steven Priest. That Loren Young and Chuck Miller being nominated from District 7 to serve on the Ohio Board of Trustees with Dan Raubenolt being the alternate. Motion passed.
- Secretary Report
- Moved by Jeff Ellis to approve minutes. Minutes stand as read.
- Treasurer's Report
- Balance is $556.09
- Moved by Susan Metzger to approve report. Report will stand as read.
- OAAE -- Pay your dues!!! There are still a lot of teachers not involved in the organization. Membership forms were passed out to renew your dues. If you are at an award milestone contact Valerie to make sure you are on her list.
- All contests are up for review.
- Soils, etc. - No changes in effect until 2007 school year.
- No longer up to 8 on a team for Spring CDE's, it is open to all.
- Moved by Loren Young. 2nd by Susan Metzger. District 7 submit a proposal to change Greenhand Quiz to allow all grades to participate. Motion Failed.
- Other topics discussed were to have a Parli-Pro Test in place of questions, and that the Envirothon count as a CDE.
- Moved by Rick Metzger. 2nd by Jeff Tilley. To Revise the topics for Extemperaneous Public Speaking and update them. Motion Passed.
- Moved by Scott Sharp. 2nd by Ryan Rismiller. To submit a proposal to make an FFA History Test for upper classmen not taking the Greenhand Quiz. Motion Passed.
- Moved by Adam Staley. 2nd by Scott Sharp. To propose that State Contests be moved to a Friday rather than Saturday. Motion Passed.
- Moved by Garrett Swendal. 2nd by Dan Raubenolt. To propose that the General Livestock Contest be changed to add a test, equipment, feed identification, etc. Motion Passed.
- Fruit Coordinator - None.
- Trophies - Public Speaking trophies come from the state. Be sure to pick those up at State Convention. Cost of trophies this year was $447.90.
- If interested the contacts information is:
- Ethics - Moved by Ryan Rismiller. 2nd by Jeff Tilley to eliminate this position. Motion Passed.
- Alumni - July 17th is Blue / Gold Classic
* Parli-Pro Contest
o Vote was taken on OptionA, B, C. Option C passed.
o Subdistricts will be asfollows:
¤ Knox & LickingCounty will stay the same.
¤ Franklin & Fairfieldis combined.
¤ Pickaway & Ross iscombined.
¤ Send 2 from eachsubdistrict onto the District contest.
* Upcoming District Dates
o See attached TentativeSchedule
* Items for DelegateCouncil--none
o Motion to adjourn bySteve Priest 2nd by Ryan Rismiller. Motion Passed.