District 7 Evaluation Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, February 6, 2007
Thewinter meeting of the District 7 Agricultural Educators / District Evaluationswas held on February 6, 2007 at the Ohio Department of Agriculture. The meeting was called to order at 9:10a.m. by President-Jeff Ellis.
BUSINESS MEETING MINUTES!!
- Secretary Report - Debra Burden
- Treasurer's Report - Susan Metzger
- Balance is $1185.90
- For those that haven't paid $1 dues per member please do ASAP.
- Moved by Susan Metzger to approve report. Report will stand as read.
- OAAE -- None.
- Legislative - Jeff Ellis
- Watch your emails for any updates.
- Camp - Scott Sharp
- Camp Registration-the price will increase to $140 per member and $70 per advisor starting this summer.
- Dorms #3 and #4 have been remodeled and now include restrooms in the dorm. Hopefully next year the rest will include restrooms.
- They are installing inflatable water slides.
- Session #1 - June 4-8
- Session #2 - June 18-22
- Session #3 - June 25-29
- Session #4 - July 5-9
- Session #5 - July 9-13
- See website for upcoming dates on Fall Camp.
- There was concern shown about the new advisor cost.
- Steve Gratz encouraged teachers to use .57 dollars to cover this cost.
- CDE - Tom Holton
- See website for all the new rules.
- You are encouraged to attend the Invitational Contests to practice the new rules.
- One change is General Livestock may use a calculator (no cell phone calculators) for the practicum.
- Concern was made about Ag Sales/Job Interview asking for clarification on the rules.
- Concern was expressed on the Parli-Pro 10 member only rule to be re-evaluated.
- Fruit Coordinator - Chuck Miller
- Trophies - Jeff Tilley
- Will continue the same as in the past.
- Double check names on the website to ensure correct printing on the plaques.
- Foundation - None.
- Alumni - Jeff Ellis
- Blue/Gold Outing will be in July.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS - None
* District PresidentElections
o Candidates must still gothru the state selection process.
o It was moved by RickMetzger and 2nd by Jennifer Moore that the District 7 President willbe elected at our Officer Training on April 12th at Lancaster HighSchool. Motion passed.
* District Dues
o It was moved by DanRaubenolt and 2nd by Scott Sharp that District 7 Dues be set at $0.50per member for all upcoming years. Motion Passed.
o Please have dues paid byDistrict Fall Meeting if possible.
* Upcoming District Dates
o Public Speaking isTuesday, February 20th at Pickaway-Ross JVS
o District Tractor TroubleShooting Contest is February 28th.
o District MechanicsContest is March 13th.
o District Small EnginesContest is April 10th.
o Licking CountyAgri-Science Fair Contest is April 11th at 10:00 a.m. If anyone is interest in being ajudge please contact either Steven Priest at Utica or Debra Burden atJohnstown. This is a goodopportunity if another county is considering starting their own CountyAgri-Science Fair Project.
o District OfficerTraining is April 12th at Lancaster.
* Items for DelegateCouncil -
o Loren Young’s position. He will be an Advisor to the Ohio FFA Board of Directors. He will not have any voting power but he will be able to items of business to the council and discuss things in further detail if needed.
* Officer Book Evaluations
o It was moved by LorenYoung and 2nd by Steve Priest that all officer books are to only begraded at the District Evaluation and will not be regarded at the PostEvaluation. Motion Passed.
* Award Nominees forOutstanding Young Member, Teacher, Program, Adult Program, Ideas Unlimited, andTeachers Turn the Key, etc. Allapplications are available online and are due to Valerie Graham no later thanApril 1st. If you haveany questions regarding any of those contact Valerie.
o Welcomed Sabrina Piperto Danville High School as a substitute for the rest of the school year.
o Parli-Pro CDE.
o Post-Evaluations will beat Fairfield Union from 4-5:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 8th.
o Motion to adjourn bySteve Priest 2nd by Adam Staley. Motion Passed.
STATE DEPARTMENT UPDATES - Steve Gratz
- See the newsletter that is being sent out once a week for all current updates or find the archived ones on the website.
- State Evaluations are March 2nd and 3rd.
- Proficiency Awards Changes
- Watch the website for final changes on these awards.
- Possibility of announce top 2 on stage and both making displays.
- Public Speaking finalist will be speaking during the State Convention banquet.
- State Convention schedule has A LOT of new changes to it this year. Check out the website for all of the changes.
- Star State Degrees will not be recognized during the State Degree session. They will now be recognized during the last session on Friday evening.
- Saturday's Morning Convention Session will now run at 8:00 a.m. and the State Degree Session at Noon starting with Z to A.
- National Chapter Award
- National Chapter Award - Form I, II, and III are all mandatory for each chapter to complete by March 1st.
- Those top 10-15 chapters in each division will have large posters that will be posted at the Convention.