District 7 Evaluation Meeting Minutes
Thursday, April 12, 2007
Thespring meeting of the District 7 Agricultural Educators / District Evaluationswas held on April 12, 2007 at Lancaster High School. The meeting was called to order @ 4:35 p.m. by President-JeffEllis.
BUSINESS MEETING MINUTES!!
- State Department Presentation
- See Steve Gratz's email that he sent to everyone the day of the meeting. For those that were unable to attend, if you let me know I will gladly send you a copy of that printout if you need one.
- Those topics covered were: Ohio Ag Ed Newsletter, State Fair Information, Content Standards, Purpose of the Ohio Core, State Convention, HOT Conference, ACTE Conference, OAAE Summer Conference, Quality Program Standards, and other.
- Secretary Report
- Moved by Jeff Ellis to approve minutes. Minutes stand as read.
- Treasurer's Report
- Balance as of March 30th is $2,348.90.
- Reminder that dues are 50 cents per member each year.
- Moved by Susan Metzger to approve report. Report will stand as read.
- OAAE -- Pay your dues!!! Membership forms were passed out to renew your dues. If you are at an award milestone contact Valerie to make sure you are on her list. Remember that you can use your .57 dollars to pay for dues.
- Legislative - None.
- Camp - Registration is open to register online.
- Environmental Management Pilot Contest will take place soon.
- Possible changes that are being discussed:
- General Livestock-Have the top 10 teams come back at State Convention and Judge 3 classes at OSU and give oral reasoning's. Add scores from those classes to the regular contest scores to get actual placing.
- Agronomy - incorporate a team activity to current contest.
- Reminder to whoever hosts a district contest to get copy of the results to Tom Holton and to Jim and Carol Ogden.
- Fruit Coordinator - Ohio Apples were damaged severely due to frost, so please plan accordingly for your fruit sales.
- Trophies - Cost of trophies this year was $554.85.
- If interested the contacts information is:
- Foundation - None.
- Alumni - Blue / Gold Classic is in July. Watch for those updates.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS - None.
- Upcoming District Dates
- Moved by Tom Holton for Jeff Ellis, District Chair, to set dates accordingly to the calendar and email to everyone. 2nd by Steve Priest. Motion Passed. With these exception in them: Parli-Pro will be hosted by Clearfork this year.
- District Evaluations will work like it did this year with a Pre-Evaluation and a Post Evaluation. Moved by Tim Turner 2nd by Tom Holton. Passed by General Consent.
- Items for Delegate Council -
- Suggested that the National Chapter Award be judged by switching with another state. No motion.
- Election of New Officers and Committee Chairs
- Moved by Steve Priest and 2nd Ryan Rismiller to leave all officers and committee chairs the same for the next two year term. Motion Passed.
- Adjournment - Motion to adjourn by Dan Raubenolt 2nd by Brian Breece. Motion Passed. Meeting adjourned at 6:15 p.m.