District 7 Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, September 5, 2006
Thefall meeting of the District 7 Agricultural Educators was held on September 5,2006 at Licking Valley High School. The meeting was called to order @ 4:30 p.m. by President-Jeff Ellisfollowing a great meal that was provided to us by Bill Diley (DB Yummers), TimTosco (Will Fisher Co.), Leo George (Florida Fruit Assoc.) and Roy Singleton(Florida Farm Bureau).
- Professional Development Presentations
- Brian Breece presented highlights from his recent trip to England, Wales, and Ireland thru the International Travel Seminar.
- State Department Updates
- Colt Conference is Wednesday, September 13th. 9:00 a.m.-Noon. Cost is Free.
- Register soon for National Convention if you haven’t already.
- Buckeye Bash—Marriot hotel by the RCA Dome.
- To update your information on the Ohio FFA website. Go to Teacher Central and login using your license number and current email address that is in the system. You will no longer be receiving the paper forms to update information.
- They are beginning to move to an Online Record Book System.
- Membership Dues are open to start registering.
BUSINESS MEETING MINUTES!!
- We welcome Shawna Branham, Westfall to District 7.
- Secretary Report
- Moved by Debra Burden to approve minutes. Report will stand as read.
- Treasurer's Report
- Award & Trophies were paid for at $447.90
- Balance is $107.90
- Reminder that Dues are $1.00 per member, due no later than November 30th. Watch your email for invoices.
- Moved by Susan Metzger to approve report. Report will stand as read.
- OAAE - Pay your dues!!! You can use .57 dollars to pay these.
- Legislative - none.
- There is a possibility that in the next year or so that they will be doing away with the current restroom and shower facilities by adding restrooms to each dorm.
- In order to make things like this happen , you can expect that the registration costs might go up some.
- Please continue to keep Charlotte in your prayers.
- CDE - Knox County Forestry Invitational is September 28th at Knox Woods and they will be using the odd number praciticums, just like the state contest. Those practicums are #1, #3, and #5 which are wood products, compass, and timber standing.
- Fruit Coordinator - Kickoff is October 13th.
- Trophies - will continue the same as in the past.
- Alumni - All award applications are due by October 1st.
- District Calendar was reviewed. Here are any additions:
- Sept. 26th Soils Contest in Pickaway County 9:00 a.m.
- Sept. 28th KC Forestry Invitational at Knox Woods at 3:00 p.m.
- Sept. 29th Richland County Forestry Contest at Adam Staley’s 10:00 a.m.
- Sept. 29th Forestry Contest at Zane State
- Nov. 4th or 11th will be Centerburg Trapshoot
- Nov. 13th Ag Communications at Amanda-Clearcreek at 3:30 p.m.
- Nov. 16th Food Science Contest at Canal Winchester
- Dec. 5th Parli-Pro Contest at Westfall at 3:00 p.m.
- Jan. 23rd Job Interview/Ag Sales at Lancaster
- Feb. 6th Evaluations at Ohio Dept. of Ag at 9:00 a.m.
- Feb. 8th Post Evaluations at Fairfield Union at 3:00 p.m.
- Feb. 20th Public Speaking at Pickaway-Ross at 3:00 p.m.
- Feb. 28th Tractor Trouble Shooting at Pickaway-Ross at 4:00 p.m.
- Mar. 13th Ag Mechanics at Teays Valley at 3:00 p.m.
- April 10th Small Engines at Teays Valley at 3:00 p.m.
- April 12th Spring District Meeting at Lancaster at 4:30 p.m.
- It was moved by Ryan Rismiller and 2nd by Rick Metzger that we all chip in money to pay for lunch this year at District Evaluation. Motion passed.
- It was moved by Brian Breece and 2nd by Craig Campbell to use Feb. 6th at ODA as a Pre-Evaluation (with record books graded before evaluations), then have Post Evaluation on Feb. 8th at Fairfield Union at 3:00 p.m. Post-evaluation will be done by a committee that is assigned at Pre-Evaluation. Motion Passed.
- It was moved by Steve Priest to adjourn at 6:45 p.m., and 2nd by Cyndi Brill. Motion passed.
Respectfully Submitted 9/7/06,