District 7 Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Thefall meeting of the District 7 Agricultural Educators was held on September 5,2007 at Licking Valley High School. The meeting was called to order @ 4:15 p.m. by President-Jeff Ellisfollowing a great meal that was provided to us by our FRUIT SUPPLIERS.
- Welcome new / student teachers
- Sabrina Piper—Danville Teacher
- Jason Julian—Centerburg Student Teacher
- Craig Hart—Teays Valley Student Teacher
- Danielle Hulit—Clearfork Student Teacher
- Ideas were shared about National Convention do and don’ts.
- Katy Endsley—Ohio FFA Association (new Program Manager)
- This is a new position with the Association. She will be working out of the FFA Center.
- Fruit Suppliers
- There will be apples this year.
- Cider prices will most likely be increased.
- OAAE Notes
- Reminder to pay your dues as soon as possible.
- Colt Conference is September 12th—9-12 is Leadership Session for students. Lunch is on your own. Check with you congressman to schedule appointments.
- Ag Ed CMS is opening new building. Open House is Friday, Sept. 21st 1-4:00 p.m.
BUSINESS MEETING MINUTES!!
- Secretary Report
- Moved by Debra Burden to approve minutes. Report will stand as read.
- Treasurer’s Report
- Balance is $1,913.10
- Reminder that Dues are $.50 per member, due no later than November 30th. Watch your email for invoices.
- Moved by Susan Metzger to approve report. Report will stand as read.
- Pay your membership dues ASAP if you haven’t already
- Watch your emails for any updates.
- Restrooms 3 and 4 are finally done in those dorms.
- Overall Camp numbers were good even through 4th session was cancelled.
- Please keep Charlotte in your thoughts and prayers as she continues her battle.
- All rule changes were sent earlier from Jim Ogden to your email.
- Reminder that Forestry this year is an even year.
- Fruit Coordincator
- Continue the same as previous years.
- Reminder to check the website for spelling corrections for plaques.
- Awards are due October 1st.
- District Calendar was reviewed. Here are any additions of Corrections:
- Sept. 25th--CORRECTION—District SOILS will start at 10:00 a.m. rather than 9:00 a.m. at Ross County
- Possible Invitational Forestry Contest at the same time as Soils.
- Sept. 27th--KC Forestry Invitational at Knox Woods at 3:00 p.m.
- Nov. 13th Ag Communications at Amanda-Clearcreek at 3:30 p.m.
- Nov. 15th Food Science Contest at Canal Winchester at 3:00 p.m.
- November 1st, 5th, or 6th Westfall, State Leadership Night??
- November 14th—Amanda Clearcreek, State Leadership Night??
- Dec. 4th Parli-Pro Contest at Clearfork at 3:00 p.m.
- Jan. 22nd Job Interview/Ag Sales at Lancaster at 3:00 p.m.
- Feb. 5th Evaluations at Ohio Dept. of Ag at 9:00 a.m.
- Feb. 7th Post Evaluations at Fairfield Union at 3:00 p.m.
- Feb. 19th Public Speaking at Pickaway-Ross at 3:00 p.m.
- February 26th—Northridge, State Leadership Night??
- Feb. 27th Tractor Trouble Shooting at Pickaway-Ross at 4:00 p.m.
- Mar. 11th Ag Mechanics at Teays Valley at 3:00 p.m.
- April 8th Small Engines at Teays Valley at 3:00 p.m.
- April 10th Spring District Meeting at Lancaster at 4:30 p.m.
- October 20th is Utica’s Poker Tournament to raise funds towards a New Ag Facility.
- March 8th is Miami Trace Invitational Contest
It was moved by Rick Metgzer at 5:35 p.m., and 2ndby Ryan Rismiller. Motion passed.
Respectfully Submitted 9/10/07,