District 7 Evaluation Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Thewinter meeting of the District 7 Agricultural Educators / District Evaluationswas held on February 5, 2008 at the Ohio Department of Agriculture. The meeting was called to order at 9:25a.m. by President-Jeff Ellis.
BUSINESS MEETING MINUTES!!
- Secretary Report—Debra Burden
- They are posted on the district website, and minutes stand as read.
- Treasurer’s Report—Susan Metzger
- Balance is $3,161.10
- For those that haven’t paid their dues please do ASAP.
- Lunch from subway was paid out of the account.
- Moved by Susan Metzger to approve report. Report will stand as read.
- OAAE – Please pay your dues if you haven’t already.
- Legislative—Jeff Ellis
- Watch your emails for any updates.
- Camp—Scott Sharp
- Camp Registration-the price will increase to $150 per member and $75 per advisor starting this summer.
- Session #1—June 9-13th
- Session #2—June 23-27th
- Session #3—June 28th-July 2nd
- Session #4—July 7-11th
- Session #5—July 14-18th
- Ohio Leadership Camp—July 11th-14th
- Restrooms in Dorm’s #3 and #4 will be ready for use. Total cost of the restroom addition was over $300,000.
- Keep Charlotte in your thoughts and prayers.
- See website for upcoming dates on Fall Camp.
- CDE—Tom Holton
- Rick Metzger moved to allow changes to adapt the Tractor Trouble Shooting rules if needed to keep the contest going this year. 2nd by Jeff Tilley. Passed.
- See website for all the new rules.
- You are encouraged to attend the Invitational Contests to practice the new rules.
- Fruit Coordinator—Chuck Miller
- Trophies—Jeff Tilley
- Will continue the same as in the past.
- Double check names on the website to ensure correct printing on the plaques.
Š District President Elections/ Training
o Candidates must still gothru the state selection process and will be elected at the District OfficerTraining.
o Dan Raubenolt moved tochange District Officer Training from April 10th to April 17thbecause of State Officer Interviews being April 12 this year. 2nd by Steven Priest. Motionpassed.
o Christie Bachman movedto have teachers conduct the officers’ session at District OfficerTraining. 2nd by RickMetzger. Motion passed.
Š District Dues
o Susan Metzger proposedthe idea of using district funds to purchase gift cards to compensate judgesfor all district contests.
o Cindy Brill moved to puta budget together and bring it to the Spring District Meetings and discuss itthen. 2nd by Jeff Tilley(who volunteered to coordinate). Motion Passed.
Š Upcoming District Dates
o Public Speaking isTuesday, February 19th at Pickaway-Ross JVS
o District Tractor TroubleShooting Contest is February 27th.
o District MechanicsContest is March 11th.
o District Small EnginesContest is April 8th.
o District OfficerTraining is April 17th at Lancaster.
Š Items for DelegateCouncil—
o Loren Young is still ourdistrict representative.
Š Award Nominees forOutstanding Young Member, Teacher, Program, Adult Program, Ideas Unlimited, andTeachers Turn the Key, etc. Allapplications are available online and are due to Valerie Graham no later thanApril 1st. If you haveany questions regarding any of those contact Valerie.
o Post-Evaluations will beat Fairfield Union from 3-5:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 7th.
o Motion to adjourn by RyanRismiller 2nd by Steven Priest. Motion Passed.
STATE DEPARTMENT UPDATES—Steve Gratz
- Katy Endsley is now Steve’s assistant. She will prep the state officers with their speeches, Ohio FFA Center, and is working on the possibility of updating it.
- The constitutional bylaws are updated.
- MFE will be held at hotels in November and in January next school year.
- Career Tech is now recognizing 7th and 8th grade Ag programs.
- FYI—be aware of the rising need to do background checks for chaperones.
- Melissa Bell-Foundation Director
- Agriscience Fair contest will still be held on Thursday.
- Is eliminating Thursday night session of the State Convention.
- Will begin Friday with a breakfast fundraiser for $65 to attend.
- State Convention schedule has ALOT of new changes to it this year. Check out the website for all of the changes.
- Discussed the possibility of changing from the Reporters scrapbook to the Public Relations Award. 9 people don’t want to change, and 9 wanted to have the options explored.
- See the newsletter that is being sent out once a week for all current updates or find the archived ones on the website.
- State Evaluations are February 29th and March 1st.
- HOT Conference will be at the University of Northwestern-Lima Campus this year. Watch your emails and the website for updates.
- The State Webpage is in the process of being redone completely. The new one will be up and running sometime after camp registration is completed. It should be a lot more user friendly.
- There may also be a possibility of Districts and Chapters being able to obtain their own website through the same program.