District 7 Evaluation Meeting Minutes
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Thespring meeting of the District 7 Agricultural Educators / District Evaluationswas held on April 17, 2008 at Lancaster High School. The meeting was called to order @ 4:35 p.m. by President-JeffEllis.
BUSINESS MEETING MINUTES!!
- State Department Presentation
- See Steve Gratz’s upcoming email that he will be sending out with the PowerPoint slides.
- Make sure that you are reading the newsletters that Brenda sends everyone through email as they contain very important information.
- Secretary Report
- Moved by Jeff Ellis to approve minutes. Minutes stand as read.
- Treasurer’s Report
- Balance as of April 1st is approximately $3,181.78.
- Reminder that dues are 50 cents per member each year, and if you haven’t paid for this year yet, you need to do so right away.
- Moved by Susan Metzger to approve report. Report will stand as read.
- Camp—Registration is open to register online, please encourage members to attend.
- CDE—Tom Holton
- Reminder about the new changes to the General Livestock finals to determine final placings.
- Reminder to whoever hosts a district contest to get copy of the results to Tom Holton and to Jim and Carol Ogden.
- Trophies—Jeff Tilley
- Cost of trophies this year was $598.50.
- If interested the contacts information is:
- State FFA Board—Loren Young
- Loren commended our district for setting the example of what other district are going to hopefully model after for future years on our evaluation process. District 7 didn’t have any Degrees disqualified at the State Evaluation and only had 1 Proficiency application that was disqualified.
- Alumni—Blue / Gold Classic is in July. Watch for those updates.
Š Paying DistrictJudges. Brian Breece moved to buy$25 Bob Evan’s Gift Cards for our district judges for 2008-09 with Susan Metzgeras the purchasing agent. 2ndby Scott Sharp. MotionPassed.
o It was estimated that wewould have approximately 33 judges.
Š Upcoming District Dates
o Jeff Ellis, DistrictChair tentatively set dates accordingly to the calendar and changes were madeat the meeting and email to everyone. If you have any final changes please contact Jeff as soon as possible.
o See attachedSchedule.
o Announcements. The OAAE Summer Conference will be heldin conjunction with the HOT Conference, June 17-19th.
o Motion to adjourn bySteve Priest 2nd by Jeff Tilley. Motion Passed. Meeting adjourned at 6:00 p.m.