District 7 Spring Meeting Minutes
5/4/10—Hocking College of Energy Institute
The spring meeting of theDistrict 7 Agricultural Educators was held on May 4, 2010 at the HockingCollege of Energy Institute. Themeeting was called to order at 4:00 p.m. by President—Scott Sharp.
BUSINESS MEETING MINUTES!!
- Welcome with state portion from Steve Gratz.
- Agricultural and Environmental Systems Career Field Pathways and Course Structure
- Everyone should have seen this by now.
- This structure will help teachers to know what to teach and when. It can also help your schools make your program worth science credits.
- All teachers are expected to follow this structure by 2013 in order to receive your districts .57 funding.
- Jim Ogden
- Online Testing
- 90% of people had no problems
- When to register and the length of time for registration
- Ag Issues
- Will be added as contest in 2011.
- Wilmington College has offered to host the contest.
- Students would discuss in a debate format on issues
- H.O.T Conference
- June 14, 15, 16
- Registration is now open
- Secretary Report—posted on website.
- TreasurerŐs Report
- OAAE – membership forms were passed out.
- Sessions one and two are currently full.
- If you are taking ten or more students then you need to stay at camp with them.
- CDE—Tom Holton
- Environmental and Natural Resources
- Schools that compete in this contest must have been the top 5 teams in soils, forestry, wildlife, and nature interpretation.
- Next year the contest will be held at Hocking College
- District Webpage Report—Jeff Tilley
- Please check periodically to verify spellings of participant names so that correct awards can be completed.
- Trophies will continue the same as in the past.
á District Calendar waspassed out.
o District 7 Ag Teachersmeeting- Sept 2, 4pm at Amanda Clearcreek
o District 7 Soils- Sept28th-9am- Licking County
o Knox County ForestryInvitational-Sept. 23rd, 3pm.- Knox Woods
o District 7 AgriculturalCommunications- Nov 9th, 3:30pm- Amanda Clearcreek
o District 7 FoodScience- Nov 16th,3:30pm- Zane Trace High School
o State FFA OfficerLeadership Might- Nov 17th, 6pm- Amanda Clearcreek
o District 7 ParliamentaryProcedure- Dec 8th, 3pm- Westfall High School
o District 7 JobInterview- Feb 9th, 3pm-Lancaster
o District 7 AgriculturalSales- Feb 9th, 3pm- Lancaster
o District 7 AwardsEvaluation and Meeting- Feb 3rd, 9am- ODA
o District 7 PublicSpeaking- Feb 17th, 3pm- Amanda Clearcreek
o District 7 Agriculturaland Industrial Diagnostics- Feb 23rd, 4pm- Westfall High School
o District 7 AgriculturalMechanics Skills- March 8th, 3pm- Teays Valley
o District 7 Outdoor PowerEquipment- April 5th, 3pm- Teays Valley
o District 7 OfficerTraining- March 17th, Fairfield Union
á Items for DelegateCouncil / State CDE—
o Cassie Palsgrove movedto adjourn. 2nd bySteve Priest. Motion Passed.
Respectfully Submitted, Sabrina Piper