District 7 Evaluation Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, April 6th, 2011
Thespring meeting of the District 7 Agricultural Educators was held on April 6, 2010at Amanda Clearcreek High School. The meeting was called to order @ 4:12 p.m.by President-Scott Sharp.
BUSINESS MEETING MINUTES!!
- State Department Presentation
- See your email from Kevin Williams with his PowerPoint slides. Call or email Kevin if you have any questions. It is really important to look over this material as it contains A LOT of new information.
- Secretary Report—none / absent
- TreasurerŐs Report—Susan Metzger
- Balance as of April 6th was $1,022.39 before pizza for the meeting and spring plaques and after a $50 donation to the FFA Foundation.
- Everyone has paid their dues except for Paint Valley. So THANK YOU!!
- Moved by Rick Metzger to approve report. 2nd by Robert Knecht. Report passed.
- Legislative Update—Scott Sharp.
- Please voice your opinion on funding before itŐs too late.
- You are encouraged to make State House visits during the State FFA Convention.
- Scott also reported on his recent trip to Washington DC.
- Camp—Scott Sharp
- Everyone should have received an email in regards to this summerŐs camps. If not, information is available online. Please encourage members to attend.
- OAAE Membership—Scott Sharp
- ItŐs about time to renew your dues for next year. DonŐt forget to do so.
- If anyone is retiring please let Valerie know ASAP.
- Foundation—Cassie Palsgrove
- Please submit your fruit sale report form if you have not already done so.
- If your banquet is not until May you need to pick up your free banquet placemats at State Convention.
- Continue to support the tractors and FFA license plates.
- Alumni—Jeff Ellis
- Reminder to fill out WLC Scholarship forms.
- July 11th at Longaberger Golf Course will be the Blue/Gold Outing
- Trophies—Jeff Tilley
- DonŐt forget to check the website for spellings BEFORE plaques are printed.
- DonŐt forget to pick up any plaques at the State Convention.
á Reminder that you and your chapter both are encouragedto become Farm Bureau members if you have not already done so.
á Item for CDE Committee:
o Loren Young moved to move up the State CDEŐs toearlier in the year, back into Mid-March, to get away from Spring Breaks andother conflicts to help increase attendance. 2nd by Jeff Ellis. Motion passed.
á Upcoming District Dates
o Scott Sharp, District Chair tentatively set datesaccordingly to the calendar and changes were made at the meeting. Because ofso many school situation that could affect our schedule, the only dates thatwere finalized were:
¤ District 7 Ag Teachers Fall Meeting is on Wednesday,August 31st at 4:00 p.m. at Licking Valley HS.
¤ Knox County Forestry Invitational at Knox Woods willbe Thursday, September 22nd.
¤ District 7 Soils CDE will be in Licking County onTuesday, September 27th at 9:00 a.m.
¤ All other dates will be finalized at the Fall Meeting.
á OAAE / HOT Conference is June 14-16th atOSU-Main Campus.
á District 7 Officer Elections will be held at the StateFFA Convention if needed. Please watch your email for voting information.
á District Leadership Officers were selected as follows:
o President—Rick Metzger
o Secretary—Jeff Ellis
o Treasurer—Susan Metzger
o Legislative—Rick Metzger
o Camp Board—Cassie Palsgrove
o OAAE—Rick Metzger
o CDE—Tom Holton
o District Web Page—Jeff Tilley
o District Awards Coordinator—Jeff Tilley withCassie Palsgrove as a backup
o Foundation / Fruit Sale Representative—GinaAnderson
o Alumni Representative—Jeff Ellis
o FFA Board Nominations (to replace Loren)—RachelGarrett, Cassie Palsgrove
o Motion to adjourn by Rachel Garrett 2nd by StevePriest. Motion Passed. Meeting adjourned.