District 7 Fall Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, August 26, 2015
The Fall Meeting of the District 7 Agricultural Educators was held on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 at the Ohio FFA Center. The meeting was called to order at 4:00 p.m. by President-Rachel Scior.
Dinner was provided by Bill Diley with DB Yummers.
BUSINESS MEETING MINUTES!!
- Bill Diley talked about fruit sale prices and changes for this year.
- We thanked Bill for dinner.
- We introduced ourselves and said one of our strengths and one of our weaknesses. These will be compiled and shared to help one another out.
- Previous Minutes are on the web and they will stand as read.
- Balance is about $3,100
- Reminder that dues are $1 per member each year.
- Reminder to send dues to Susan Metzger at Southeastern High school
- Delegate Council—Rachel Scior
- Reminder that you need to print off the liability form and keep on file
- Be thinking of ideas that you feel you need help on from the state for Delegate Council.
- Scott updated us on the following:
- Funding will go up by 4% every year for the next two years
- Negative funding was not fixed but they will try again at a later time.
- Pay your dues and talked about the benefits of joining these groups
- There is a Google Doc that you need to fill out if you are a member and send to Jessica Shannahan. See Gina for details
- If you paid your dues and want to be sure you are on the list, contact Gina.
- Reminder that Forestry is an odd year for practicum
- The updated soils documents are on the website under CDE’s- these are the most up-to-date
- Knox County is hosting the District contest and will send maps out ASAP
- Greenhand Camp is coming up
- Friday there will be a groundbreaking ceremony for the new building they have been working on
- Reminder for first year teachers: There are scholarships available to cut cost for you and your students
- Talked about the name tag activity to help across the District
- New Teachers are highly encouraged to go to the TIP conference September 3rd and 4th at the Ohio FFA Center.
- Reminder for new teachers to keep up with the Resident Educator items.
- We will continue to use the same trophy vendor unless anyone objected. No objections.
- Just a reminder to check the website for correct spellings and results BEFORE plaques are printed.
- Advisory Council--Matt Weade
- Kevin Williams then gave us updates from ODE. Please see the presentation information in your email.
- OAAE Delegate Council- Rachel Scior
- Look at the District Policy Document and bring changes at the winter District meeting or email Rachel suggestions.
- Calendar Dates for 2015-16 School year was set. Please see attached schedule.
- Gina Neff moved to donate $50 to the Ohio FFA Foundation on behalf of District 7. Debra Burden seconded the motion. Motion passed
- There was discussion about concerns of the Compliance form sent out by Patti.
- Brian Breece moved to adjourn the business meeting. Christie Bachman seconded it. Motion passed.
District 7 FFA Secretary
See the 2015-16 Tentative District Calendar of Events on the next page.
2015-2016 District 7 Calendar of Events
DATE EVENT PLACE TIME
8/26 Ag Teachers Fall Meeting FFA Center 4:00pm
9/30 OLLC Legislative Conference Ohio Statehouse
9/24 Knox Co. District 7 Forestry CDE Knox Woods 3:00pm
10/1 Soils CDE (Knox County) ____TBA _ _ 9:00AM (Practice pit opens at 8:00 a.m.)
TBA Fruit sales State wide starting date
11/16 Food Science CDE (max 16/school) Zane Trace HS 4:00pm
11/18 Leadership Night Amanda CC 6:00pm?? Tentively
11/23 Job Interview CDE Clear Fork 4:00 PM
12/7 Parliamentary Procedure CDE Danville 4:00pm
2/8 Regional Evaluation Meeting (w/District 6) Ohio FFA Center 9:00 a.m.
2/17 Agricultural Sales CDE Pickaway Ross 3:00 PM
2/23 Public Speaking CDE Amanda CC 3:00pm
2/27 Ag/ Power Diagnostics _____TBA (start time depends on heat1or2)
3/9 District Officer Training Fairfield Union 4:00PM
3/15 Ag Mechanics Skills CDE Teays Valley TBA
4/13 Ag Communications CDE Amanda CC 4:00 PM
4/19 Outdoor Power Equipment CDE Teays Valley 3:00pm
4/20 Ag Teachers Spring Meeting Ohio FFA Center 4:00pm