District 7 Fall Meeting Minutes
August 24, 2016
The Fall Meeting of the District 7 Agricultural Educators was held on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at the Ohio FFA Center. The meeting was called to order at 4:00 p.m. by President Tom Holton.
Dinner was provided by Bill Diley with DB Yummers. Bill Diley also gave a short presentation about the fruit sale and changes with the ownership of DB Yummers.
- Previous Minutes are on the web and they will stand as read.
- Treasurer’s Report- Rachel Scior
- Please hold off on paying dues until the transition of the new treasurer is established.
- Motion to accept reports- Deb Burden
- Second to accept reports- Aaron Miller
- Reports passed
- Delegate Council—Rachel Scior
- New Policy Guide- on Google Drive for District
- Google Drive is up and running- Contact Rachel if you would like access to the drive. The following is on the drive currently
- Policy Guide
- Contest Dates
- Contact List
- Scott said that nothing happened really over the summer
- He also reminded us that it is a budget year
- Pay your dues and talked about the benefits of joining these groups
- If you are hosting a District Contest, you need to send the results to Tom Olgesbe in Excel format by the date stated in the State CDE Rules Drive. Be sure to ‘CC’ Deb on the email to help with confusion or if the results are lost.
- There is a new website for the rules. Be sure to read the General Guidelines. Everything from the general rules to the scantron sheets are on there.
- be sure to download and the print to get the correct format
- You need to have a Google account in order to access.
- If you qualify for a state contest. you need to go to the state website, go to registration form, and enter the names (must match what the district submits) on the Google Form.
- There is a new contest- Ag. Mechanics Engineering or could be called Welding Fabrication. Check the rules for more details on this contest.
- Items to take to CDE committee when they meet in November:
- Jeff Tilley moved that we limit six students per school for the Vet. Science/Animal Management CDE. 2nd by Rachel Scior. Motion passed 13-5
- Scott Sharp moved to try to avoid the National Farm Machinery Show when planning dates for the Ag. Communication contest in the future. 2nd by Jeff Tilley. Motion passed
- Facebook page has pictures of the new building that is going up. Check it out!
- The sponsors will have the opportunity to have a hard hat walk through of the building and a chance to see where they logged.
- We need to encourage our students to go to Greenhand camp, if not we could see some changes.
- Mentor—Deb Burden/Susan Metzger
- Make sure if you need, contact others for help. Everyone is willing to help
- We will continue to use the same trophy vendor unless anyone objected. No objections.
- Just a reminder to check the website for correct spellings and results BEFORE plaques are printed.
- Advisory Council--Matt Weade
- Tracey Kitchel from Ohio State College of Agriculture gave a short update on what is going on at the University.
- Cassandra Palsgrove then gave us updates from ODE. Please see the presentation information in your email.
- OAAE Delegate Council- Rachel Scior
- Meeting October 15
- nothing will be taken
- Calendar Dates for 2016-17 School year was set. Please see attached.
- New Officers were elected as follows:
- Moved by Debra Burden Second Amy Myers
- Mentorship- Jena Kemmerer
- Moved by Keller Moore Second by Rachel Scior
- Jake Wuebben moved to adjourn the meeting and Deb Burden second. Motion Passed
District 7 FFA Secretary
2016-2017 District 7 Calendar of Events
DATE EVENT PLACE TIME
8/24 Ag Teachers Fall Meeting FFA Center 4:00pm
9/26 OLLC Legislative Conference Ohio Statehouse
9/22 Knox Co. District 7 Forestry CDE Knox Woods 3:00pm
9/27 Soils CDE (Licking County) ____TBA _ _ 9:00AM (Practice pit opens at 8:00 a.m.)
TBA Fruit sales State wide starting date
11/14 Food Science CDE (max 16/school) Zane Trace HS 4:00pm
11/16 Tentative Leadership Night Amanda CC 6:00pm Tentively
11/21 Job Interview CDE Clear Fork 4:00 PM
*Cover letter, Resume, and area of application is due by Novemeber 11th firstname.lastname@example.org
12/5 Parliamentary Procedure CDE Danville 4:00pm
1/24 Ag Communications CDE Amanda CC 3:00 PM
*Media plans are due Friday, January 20th
2/4 Ag/ Power Diagnostics (APD) _____TBA (start time depends on heat1or2)
2/6 Regional Evaluation Meeting (w/District 6) Ohio FFA Center 9:00 a.m.
2/15 Agricultural Sales CDE Amanda CC 3:00 PM
2/15 Public Speaking CDE Amanda CC 3:00pm
3/8 District Officer Training Fairfield Union 4:00PM
3/14 Ag Mechanics Skills CDE Teays Valley 3:00PM
4/4 Outdoor Power Equipment CDE Teays Valley 3:00pm
4/19 Ag Teachers Spring Meeting Ohio FFA Center 4:00pm