District 7 Spring Meeting Minutes
April 19, 2017 FFA Center
The Spring Meeting of the District 7 Agricultural Educators was held on April 19, 2017 at the Ohio FFA Center. The meeting was called to order at 4:05 p.m. by Tom Holton.
Meal was provifrf by David Little from iCEV. David gave a small presentation about his programs.
John Henry from Central State University also gave a short presentation about Central State University now being a land grant university and some of the changes they are making in the school.
- Secretary’s Report: Alyssa Bregel- Previous Minutes were submitted to the District webste.
- Treasurer’s Report- Jake Wuebben
- Motion to accept reports- Scott Sharp
- Second to accept reports- Megan Moorman
- Reports passed
- Delegate Council—Tom Holton
- Tom gave an overview about the new summer conference schedule and encouraged everyone to attend.
- Scott encouraged everyone to become members of OAAE and stated a few reasons why everyone should be members of the professional organization.
- Budget: nothing has changed with funding with the deficient because of the efforts by OAAE and it’s partners.
- Pay your dues and talked about the benefits of joining these groups
- Talked about the grants that members can apply for and awards.
- Discussion on the District Job Interview contest with it being so lengthy.
- Sub-District Job Interview elimination- how many teams to allow at District Contest.
- Matt Dotson moved that top 2 teams per division from every sub district can move on. Gina Neff second. Motion Passed
- Deb asked for suggestions on the Policy Guide- there were none
- Novice Parli. Pro. changes- there will be only 8 team members with still 6 abilities, the seat with nothing highlighted is the member.
- May 23rd is the next meeting. They will be voting on the following:
- Only have substitue for some CDE’s. The test scores follows the student. Our District was in favor of this with a vote of 9 - 2.
- Just a reminder to check the website for correct spellings and results BEFORE plaques are printed. Top 2 teams and top 3 individuals
- Advisory Council--Matt Weade
- There is a gun raffle going on. Go to the website for more information.
- The Alumni is now giving all State Officer’s lifetime membership.
- Brandon Thomas moved to adjourn the meeting and Chris Turner second. Motion Passed
- Ohio Department of Education gave a brief ODE update and presentation. This presentation was sent out via email.
- Next meeting will be August 24 at 4PM at the Ohio FFA Center.
District 7 FFA Secretary